BOKEH! That's right, some of you may be thinking I've found some new slang, but actually, it's a new technique that is super fun to try!
This week at the Friday Mashup, Holly is stretching our paint brushes and challenging us to try something new.
Here's your Mashup Challenge:
- Create a project with the "Bokeh Technique". Go to the website for a link to a tutorial.
- Create a project with "Die Cuts".
- or Mash it Up! and create a "Bokeh project using a Die Cut".
I thought this was a lot of fun. Here is my project!
Ok, so my color combo was inspired from a sunset. I love the colors orange and purple together especially when you look out across the sky and see them mixing during a beautiful sunset. I also love this stamp set FLOWER PATCH. The sentiment, "Be You (tiful)" is one of my favorite sayings.
The steps to making my card were pretty simple.
1. I did the Bokeh technique as my background.
2. I took my die cut from "FLOWER FLAIR" and cut out the different flowers.
3. I stamped the flower center from FLOWER PATCH in the center of the flowers.
4. I embellished with some pearls and little punched flowers.
5. Last, but not least, I used dimensionals to raise the "Bokeh" part up off the white part. Hope that makes sense.