I am so excited for today's Friday Mashup challenge. Avery is our host this week and she chose a very cool technique called "Ink Blowing". I watched a couple of different videos on Youtube as well as the link on the Friday Mashup page.
Here's your Mashup Challenge:
- Create a project with "Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry & Basic Black".
- Create a project with the "Ink Blowing Technique". Link to technique here.
- or Mash it Up! and create a "Project using the colors above & the Ink Blowing Technique".
Ok, so I just realized I am the "black sheep" this week because I was so caught up in the "ink blowing" technique that I completely spaced the " color" part of it.
Oh well, I really like the way my card turned out.
A couple of things to keep in mind when doing this technique.
1. The colors are more saturated so they won't be as bright as you think.
2. The ink dries pretty fast, so blow flast!
3. If you have alcohol based ink, use that on acetate, I think it creates a way cooler effect.
All I had were water based inks. I tried them on acetate, and they wouldn't dry. They just rubbed off.
I can't wait for you to give this a try. Check out the other Design Team's cards and then join us in the challenge!!