Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Mashup #146

Good Morning Stampers!! Today is Friday. Yeah!!! That means another challenge from The Friday Mashup. Now I first want to say, I loved, loved, loved this challenge. It was a challenge for me. 3D paper piecing is something I have never done before. I also loved this challenge because I actually go to "create" instead of just putting together a quick card.

Here's Today's challenge:


You can see Mariska's Tutorial on the 3-D paper Piecing Technique fromSplitcoaststampers here


Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with "Cherry Cobbler, Primrose Petals, Soft Sky & Marina Mist."
  2. Create a project using "3-D Paper Piecing"
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "3-D Paper Piecing Project with the above Colors."

Here's my card:


So for starters, I would really recommend that you watch the video link provided on this challenge. I found it very helpful. Second, I realized when I went to make this card, that I don't have very many "outline" stamps. I bought this one because I fell in love with it when I saw it.

Now the purpose of this challenge is to make your image 3D. It's hard to tell from the angle of the picture, but the tutu itself is 3 layers deep. Don't let the detail of my card intimidate you. Head over to the Friday Mashup blog and see what the others have done as well.

Happy Stamping!



3 comments:

  1. Wowzers Lynda! The detail on your ballerina’s tutu is fabulous and you did a great job at paper piecing your whole ballerina. I really like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Lynda! So glad to hear that that challenge got you 'creating' instead of just 'making'. I felt like that as well. Great idea added the dimension to the tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the depth of your tutu right away, you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete