Friday, May 16, 2014

Cheer Up Butter Cup!

Welcome back this week to a new Friday Mashup Challenge. Lisa is our hostess with the mostess this week. The challenge is pretty simple. Make a "Get Well" card using the sketch she's provided.
Like Lisa, I never seem to have that many "Get Well" cards on hand.


Here's your Mashup Challenge:

  1. Create a project using the above "Sketch".
  2. Create a " Get Well" Project.
  3. or Mash it Up and create a "Get Well project using the Sketch".



So I have to say that I really stepped out of my "triangle" on this card. 

First I still am not very comfortable with these "geometrical shape" cards, but if you don't practice you'll never improve right? 

Second, my color combo is So Saffron, Pool Party & Smokey Slate. I NEVER EVER use So Saffron!!! I don't really care for this color, but So Saffron, we did "Get Back Together" on this card!!

Alright, enough of the Taylor Swift innuendos. To make this card, I stamped my triangles in the three different colors, punched them out with the triangle punch and used a dimensional to put them on the card. 
Next I stamped "Cheer Up Buttercup" ( usually when your sick you want someone to cheer you up right?) 
in Smokey Slate. Cut it out with the Labels framelits and added a heart with some linen thread. 
Last, but not least, I finished the card with 3 Smokey Slate candy dots.

Now I challenge you to head over to the Friday Mashup and check out the rest of the Design Team's cute projects.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!

4 comments:

  1. I just love what you have done with the triangle panel! such a clever take on the sketch. So bright and cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought how great that sentiment is for a Get Well card, Lynda. TFS. Great use of the sketch and happy, serene colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lynda, I just love how you used the triangles, that looks terrific! I'm also a big fan of So Saffron so I really like how you used that too :) I almost used that sentiment on my card, I think its great for a get well card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! I *need* that triangle punch now

    ReplyDelete