Thursday, May 1, 2014

May flowers and new Stampin' Celebration Challenge!

You know, the old saying goes, April showers bring May flowers. Well it definitely has been raining in my neck of the wood. I suppose this has put me in the mood for the brand new Stampin' Celebration Challenge! When I saw the picture, I fell in love. I loved everything about it and I couldn't decided which part I wanted to focus on the most.


If you could see my little boys' room, it's done in red, white and blue along with the sailing theme. CUTE!!!! So where to begin........ well, it's my little boy's birthday later this month so I decided I might as well catch two fish with one hook. Next, I really like the letters in this picture and the anchor was speaking to me as well. I decided I would try to make something built around this.

Here is my end result............Fog horn please..........


Cute! Isn't it? I think so. I decided to use my son's initial wrapped in linen thread. Hopefully that looks a little bit like the rope on docks. Next the anchor was represented in the new DSP in the mini. And as I was working on this card I thought, wouldn't this make a cute baby boy card as well? So I made a second one and changed up the stamp set.



As you can see, it's very easy to make the same card and just switch things around. I challenge all of you to head over to the Stampin' Celebration Blog and give this new challenge a try.

Happy Stamping!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment