Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Carbs, Schmarbs!

Carbs, Schmarbs. Wow that's a mouthful. I couldn't even spell the word "Schmarbs" until I saw this stamp set. Anyway, today's card is a birthday card! However, the fun thing is, this is not a traditional birthday stamp set.
I call this "re-purposing" (is that a new word?) It's where you take a stamp set and give it a different purpose than was originally intended. This is great because it allows you to get more use out of your stamp sets. I also need to give a shout out to Bermuda Bay!!! Eeeeeek I'm in love with this color. I don't think I will ever get over it!
Happy Stamping!!
 
Card Recipe
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla
DSP: Birthday Basics
Stamp Sets: Just Married, Yippee-Skippee!
Accessories: Basic Jewels

3 comments:

  1. Wow, great job on your "re-purposed" stamp set and what a wonderful way to highlight the versatility of our stamps!! Love the color combo and sentiment- thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be a favorite for me......wow, the detail, the dimension - with a set that I don't own and passed by without a second glance, you may make me rethink that decision!!

    ReplyDelete