Saturday, April 19, 2014

Friday Mashup #156

So I need to apologize, for posting this post so late. My kids are on Spring Break and we went to the Zoo yesterday so things are not functioning normal around here.
Anyway, today's post is Friday Mashup #77 and it's my turn to host the post this week. Host the Post? That sounds like some weekly newspaper column! Oh well. Here is today's challenge.


Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using the "Sketch".
  2. Create a project with the "Ombre' Background Technique".
  3. Or Mash it up and create a project an "Ombre' Background & The Sketch"
If you are new to the Ombre' Background Technique you can see a Tutorial on the Ombre Background Technique here


As you can see, it's a sketch this week with the challenge to "mash" an Ombre background in there. I have seen ombre stuff all over Pinterest so I thought it would be fun to give it a try.


Here's my card.



Sometimes when you start with a card, you have a certain picture in your mind of what you want. Then it ends up not being what you thought, but it still turns out. That's what happened with this card. To make this card, I first embossed the stars with white embossing powder on water color paper. Then I took my aqua painter and ran four different colors across the paper. Because the stars are embossed they "resist" the ink and don't change color. This technique is actually called Embossed Resist.

The colors I used are Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Soft Sky.  I have a bridal shower coming up so I used the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. Last I found the little sunglasses on one of the rotary stamps that Stampin' Up sells. I think it's the one in the Retro Fresh Suite.

Last, but not least, I put the card all together and a star was born!! Ha! Ha! Anyway, thanks for stopping by to look. Head over to the Friday Mashup to see what the other talented DTmembers did.

Happy Stamping!!


1 comment:

  1. Lynda your card is super cute!!! I love how you incorporated so many techniques, Ombre, Watercoloring & Embossed Resist. Great job!

    ReplyDelete