Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Septemer Card Club

Last week was a crazy week for me. I had my monthly card club. We usually make 2 cards and 1 3-D item, but this month, we focused on boy birthday cards.
 
 
First up was a card we made using the new Thinlits Card Dies from Stampin' Up. These dies are fun to use. They cut the paper so that the little ambulance will flip around. The other side says, Happy Birthday. Some of my ladies thought this would be better as a "Get Well" card.
 
 
This card would work great for an older child. I can't stress enough how much I love washi tape. This combo is the Epic Day This & That. In addition to the Rev Up the Fun stamp set, I also used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. Another must have.
 
Last, I want to make sure I give proper credit where credit is due. I saw this card on Pinterest and knew that my ladies would love it.  Rae Burnet from Wild West Paper Arts is the creator of this little cutie! Check out the original here.
 
 
Go ahead, scream. You know you want too. He was so much fun to make. I used the Shaker Frames from SU to make his little goggle and I embossed the large pearls with black to make the buttons on his overalls.
 
Isn't paper crafting so much fun?
 
Have a great day and Happy Stamping!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment